Saturday, September 13, 2008

Passing Down Memories

I was cleaning out my jewelry box the other day, and, going through some old keepsakes that have been passed down to me. I have a few silver lockets from my great grandmother who just recently passed away. It's amazing how these little things hold such value. Not so much value in money but, in memories. I remember her wearing the little book locket around her neck when I just a little girl. I always admired it and, I think that's why she gave it to my mother to give to me. These are items that will stay in the family. I will pass them down through my family and, so on. I have been looking for some ideas of my own. I want my girls to know that these are traditions to be passed on. With keepsake items like this will hold special meaning for them as well.

No comments: